Student's Rights and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Expectations of Advisees
There are fundamental expectations that all advisors are entitled to have their advisees prepare for an academic advising appointment by bring the following:
· Schedule of classes
· Course syllabus
· List of questions
1. Learn and understand the program requirements that effect. Students should review the Student Guide and refer to it often for answering questions. The Student Guide is available with the advisors.
2. Prepare for each visit by making a list of issues they want to discuss.
3. Make advising appointments and keep them.
4. Seek advising assistance in a timely manner.
5. Be prepared for advising appointments.
6. Become knowledgeable about university, program requirements, policies and procedures. (i.e. drop / add dates, registration dates and the academic calendar).
7. Monitor academic status and completion of degree requirements.
8. Keep advisor informed of any changes that might impact or interfere with satisfactory academic progress.
9. Be open to the new possibilities that an advisor may suggest.
10. Take responsibility for actions and educational decisions.
11. Know how to contact an academic advisor and understand the advisor's role as a resource.
12. Understand the importance of class attendance, reading the syllabus, and interacting with faculty members.
13. Provide accurate and truthful information when being advised.